Waters levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK....my tank has been up and running for about a month and I tested my levels and my Ph seems alittle low...I read it should about 8.2 right?

Not so sure I like my test kit cause it is hard to get a good accurate reading. I have the SeaChem Marine basic. Is there any brand that is better?

just under 8.0....like around 7.8, will do another test tonight and post my levels
Im sure it is...and it seems easy to follow but I think it is easies to get a reading from a test tube type and colors on the side. The slide chart is hard to get a good fix on the level. hard to explain LOL

Im goin to take it to the LFS tomorrow and have them test just to see what they say.

Confirm it with another test kit. If you are still cycling o need to worry too much about Ph. Do a water change to get your Ph back up. Any livestock right now?

A low Ph will not harm the livestock as much as a rapid swing in Ph. Raise it slowly. Small (10%) water changes three or four days apart should be okay. Depending on your source water, you may need to add some extra Ph buffer to your prepared SW. Most often, regular water changes will do the trick.

pH will be lower in the morning usually. I try not to test mine until the lights have been on 6 hours.

Back
Top Bottom