Wave maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soonfoh

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank 55 gallon. (36"L x 15W x 24H)
What size wave maker suitable for my tank
If I take water for sea. How long just can use it. Should over night o not?

Any one got idea for wave maker??? Pls give some advice... Thank Q

You want apron 10x your volume in flow so I would say a 550gph power head maybe 2. If you want it to work as a wave maker you could get a timer that will switch on and off at a set interval as a cheaper route than a "proper" wave maker controller. Hopefully someone else will chime in to make sure I'm on the right track

soonfoh said:
Any one got idea for wave maker??? Pls give some advice... Thank Q

I just purchased a polario 10ml wavemaker for my aquarium the polario 7ml would be ideal for your aquarium plus its pre programmed it works great it starts at 50% flow oh before I go any further it is bi flow so it switches from left to right every 20seconds starting at 50% than 75% and ending at 100% flow I hope this helps

you don't need a wavemaker. just put powerheads on opposite sides of the tank facing each other. i don't know about 10x volume though. flow is dictated by the livestock in my opinion. if i had a 55 i would probably have at least two 500+gph power heads. i just googled those polario pumps. pretty cool alternative to vortechs!
just make sure if you purchase one of those on/off wave makers that you plug pumps into, that you purchase compatible pumps for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom