Wave Maker??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
omg i love my scwd. i got it a few months ago, and love it. just make sure you get a good pump to run it. if the pump is too slow it will not switch. but it had yet to fail. and i have not cleaned it or any thing.

they way i see it, the more mechanical things you have the more things can break ;)

I am personally saving up for one of them fancy electornic wavemaking doohikies!

I have one running off of my fluval, and it works great! Although, I want to get an electronic wavemaker and a few more powerheads to spruce things up a bit :)

SCWDS work really well wth a mag 12. Just make sure to use thepre filter or you can damage the SCWD with debris. It is a fairly complex gearbox so an big particles can jam it. That sad i have a freind who has run his ufiltered for over a year without a probem!

In my opinion, we have a Red Sea WaveMaster Pro and it's awesome! I won it on ebay for $80. WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!

http://www.djtronix.com/chsf24chti.html

DONT BUT IT FROM THESE GUYS !! do a search many others sell them but now that i had chauvet send me the right one i like this timer alot

I watched your first thread on this. When I decided to buy one, I checked ebay. I got one on there for 29.99 shipped. I should get it today after ordering on Sunday.

Thanks for the heads up.

:) yea they sent me one that should have gone to europe and wouldnt respond to my email or phone calls !! so im at ace hardware trying to get adapters to make it work !! with no luck but a guy was standing not far away and hooked me up with some took a week to get them but then it still didnt work !! so the girlfriend talked me into calling chauvet direct which i did and they were the greatest no probs doing an exchange !! just got it like 3 days ago but ya can have either the set of 4 ph to go on and off as two or each one to go off ever 2 min !! i have it so one side kicks on for the 2 min and the otherside of the tank goes on for 2 min !! works good the chase is a bit to fast imo !! but like the soft start !! but anyway if ya have any probs call chauvet they back their product 100%

the difference is the wave timers will allow shorter times between on and off ! the fastest the chavet goes is two minutes per cycle 15 min max !! the chase mode is to fast imo the pump just starts and then it switchs to the next pump not allowing it to power fully :-( what i do like is you can use it as a 2 or 4 channel ! but for the price i like it and would buy another :)

Ok, thanks! Now I'm trying to figure out if I want to do a closed loop w/ a SCWD or RS Wavemaster with ph's?

I'm partial to the Red Sea Wavemaster also. 3 PHs alternately pump on and off. Got a 4th outlet for the main pump if you're set up that way. I especially like the feeding mode, when it shuts down all PHs for a set amount of minutes. My corals seem to like it to with the alternating flow. It's also got an 8 hour sleep mode that sets itself the same time every night.

austin103 said:
I'm partial to the Red Sea Wavemaster also. 3 PHs alternately pump on and off. Got a 4th outlet for the main pump if you're set up that way. I especially like the feeding mode, when it shuts down all PHs for a set amount of minutes. My corals seem to like it to with the alternating flow. It's also got an 8 hour sleep mode that sets itself the same time every night.

So you can set the Wavemaster to initiate "night" mode automatically every night?

I looking in RIO SEIO's. Supposively, RIO is coming out with a "wavemaker" that will work well with these pumps. Too bad they're taking forever!

TygGer, yes, the first time you hit the night time button, the unit remembers and initiates night mode at the same hour every day.

Found my operation manual...

It's got 4 different wave programs, gentle, rolling, turbulent, and alternating (sequential 4 hr periods of the previous 3). It's got a Marine and a Reef mode for which the feed switch suspends flow for 30 min and 10 minutes respectively. Maybe others may have a better source, but I got mine from Marine Depot for $109. (not incl shipping). My corals seem to love it. As suggested in the manual, I've got 3 powerheads - positioned hi, low, and middle. Got two that are positioned to allow the flow to hit each other head on creating flow in places that I couldn't get a direct flow into. I've had it for a month and I love it. 3 PHs keep the dead spots (at least those in fron of the rocks) almost non existent.

Back
Top Bottom