Wave pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use 2 wave pump setups in my 90g I keep saying Im taking them out as it seems to be useless . I find running power heads constant I get way better flow , there fine in my 40g but I am probably going to remove them from that tank as well ,
believe it or not they shortens the life of the power head .

I use 2 wave pump setups in my 90g I keep saying Im taking them out as it seems to be useless . I find running power heads constant I get way better flow , there fine in my 40g but I am probably going to remove them from that tank as well ,
believe it or not they shortens the life of the power head .

Kinda new to it but what you mean power head?

Are you asking if you need any powerheads/pumps that circulate the water in the tank?

this is a circulation pump/power head
p-72198-68874K.jpg

the wavemaker unit is a separate piece that you plug the power head into , I didn't flip over them , so I prob will put them into the classifieds once I get them removed ,
some like them but I wasn't impressed ,

Last edited:
Yes you need them you really want 20-30x turnover rate in your tank so for a 75 you'd want 2-3 powerheads on opposite sides that do 750-1500gph each

Yes you need them you really want 20-30x turnover rate in your tank so for a 75 you'd want 2-3 powerheads on opposite sides that do 750-1500gph each

Thanks! I just purchased one that does 1150gph. I'll look into another one later after I get my tank more set up! I have a light and protein skimmer ordered as well.

Back
Top Bottom