Weird Feather Duster VS. Pepermint Shrimp dust up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShadoeFox

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, I've mentioned this at a couple of pet stores, and everyone looked at me like I was nuts. Has anyone ever had a Pepermint shrimp out right shread a little feather duster?

I ask because my wife got a couple of little feather duster worms (Hitchhikers the store had, not the big guys. They had them for free) cause she thought they were neat. We dropped them into the tank and out of no where the two Pepermint Shrimp were attacking one of them. The bigger of the two ripped it literally in half (For those of you wondering if it was cleaning it. Heard that question before). We pulled the other one out and put it in a little five galleon we're using for quarantine (And it does look cool) but is this normal for Pepermint Shrimp? All I've found on them suggests they aren't agressive at all and these guys went wild kingdom on us in litterally thirty seconds. It was freaky (Kinda cool, to be honest, but still freaky)

And, related point, should I worry about this with my fish. I've got a firefish and two occelarious clowns (Sp) and they're all kinda small at the moment.

I've got a peppermint shrimp in my biocube that is freaking crazy! This things starts jumping around when food is placed in the water and even chases my clownfish. But he's really cool though.

One of our pair (My wife calls him mohamad al li cause he bounces back and forth on his legs) comes out to investigate whenever someone is near the tank. He knows the weird big things bring the food.

Back
Top Bottom