well get closer yet to setting up the 180 !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidkameleon3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Now all I have to do is get the tank on the stand. I painted the stand (was black) to white and relized the 55 as a sump wouldn't work, just no room to workin on it at all way to tall.Ended up using a 44 gallon rubbermaid tote thing instead it fits and was $10 so hey.

Got my mag 24 here the other day (http://www.aquatictech.com/pumps.html cheapest I could find on the net) and all I can think about is getting it plumbed and water in it.To bad none of my big friends are home:(

Got 6 bags of oldcastle for $20 :) lovin that find right up the street (thanks chris)

Got 1 workhorse 7 ($35) for atinics on the way and will be ordering my 3x250 ($99 a piece )icecap's this week.I still need to build the canopy though , saving that for when I get hte tank going anyway

Got a turbofloater t1000 coming sometime near wed. from AA seller.

I wish I could do it now ya know, I could then take out the rock from my 55 (120+ lbs) minus the coral stuff and get the tank on cycle. I plan on moving my gobies and dotti backs over , maybe adding a blonde Naso and some clowns to start.I like the maroon with yellow stripes pretty well.Oh well enough for now I'll be posting pics when I get it in the stand anyway

Oh I see no one cares huh.lol. Anyway got a buddy finally to come help, now I get to plumb it up and test for leaks tommorrow

I cant wait for the pics. I am fixing to do the same thing you are doing. I am going 120g or 180g long pretty soon. It's exciting isn't it? Well I hope all goes well! :wink:

Ok got her plumbed jsut waiting on the dry so I thought I'd post up a few pics. ANyone know how long to wait? to test water

Looking good!! (y)

PVC glue dries almost instantly, I usually wait 5 minutes or so just to make sure though.

ya I am already aware since I make my ro/di in 5 gallon buckets just filling the thing is gonna be a chore I might have to hoook somehting up for that.

Well the leak test is going like ass at this point.I had one bulk head dripping reseated it and it stopped then when I fired up hte pump one the left return pipe is leaking where it seats into hte bulk head.I am tring to goop enough on it to stop it (just a really really slow leak),because I know the only way to fix it right is to redo it adn I dont have another bulk head:( I'd have to order one and wait

Does anyone have any tricks?

kidkameleon3 said:
Does anyone have any tricks?

Tons of teflon tape on threaded parts and when you think everything is as tight as it can get try three more times :wink:

this isnt on threads it is on the pipe part that goes up into hte bulk head...

edit: ok sealed it up, just put like 10 coats of that pvc glue on the leaking pipe.It worked.All is good and such I am affraid to run it when I aint home though 8O

nuff said finally, HD shipped it from Wisconsin to OHio in 2 days :) I am a HD guy now

Hey Kidkameleon could you give me the phone number, and address of that HD in Ohio?

Im going to try and get some where I am at.

Thanks! :wink:

Where at in Ohio Rev, I have a UPS account, could pick it us and ship it to you cheaper maybe.

Edit
Oh, wait a minute, from Wi to Oh....never mind.....I am a blond. 8)

I just called hte national # to see if they could tell me hte closest store that had it none in ohio had it at all.So she decided to do this for me.It was worth a shot and it worked I was also suprised I thought I would need 5+ bags in the 180 I put 4 and it looks great.

note: I paid no shipping and it was $3 a bag

Tighter is not always better when using teflon tape. Teflon tape also lubricates the joint making it easier to assemble. But it also makes it easier to overtighten. Also, tons of tape is no good either. Use 3-6 revolutions of tape to seal joints.

If I were you, I'd order a new bulkhead. This time do a better job sealing it and wait overnight to be safe that it's completely dry before testing it. It's better to do it right the first time than to have 180 gallons spilling out later when no one is around.

Jim

I got it sealed, but yes I agree on the spilling when I aint around. I ran it 24 straight the other day and will be only running it when I am home until I get it set up. It was only a drip every 10 seconds to begin with and now it doesn;t drip at all so I mean.

justmy2cents: I dont know the number off hand you'd need to go on there website get the customer service # call ask them to search your area for the sand , then if not any ask them to do the same

the only "trick" I can think of with PVC is just to be sure to use a generous amount of glue on both the inside of the female joint and the outside of the male joint. Then when you're putting the two pieces together, give them a 1/4 twist and hold it together until it sets (5-10 seconds). Sometimes the PVC can actually push itself out of the joint before it sets if you're not holding it in. Then give I would give it 5-10 minutes to dry before testing. JMO :D

new pics , just built the internal frame for the canopy.I made it 14" high hoping to get around 12" from light to water.Ordered the 3x icecap 250w ballast today.Tring to get some 14k's at a good price still waitng on a email. Added 200lbs of the sand to the tank still cloudy as piss, just look at the foam.And for those concerned no I didn't rinse it :roll: 8) 8O It will settle. I been making ro/di for like 2 days straight and jsut got to the water line all I need to do now is get the sump full.

Back
Top Bottom