Well, Got Ich Again......Sigh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My worry is just those corals--I don't want to kill them before they make it into my dispaly
I understand your concern and I know that some folks do qt corals. I'm just not sure of the procedure. I believe it is for an abbreviated time period, but I don't know the details.
Perhaps you should start a thread with that question. :)

Well today is week #4. The fish have been in qt for 28 days

2 weeks until the fish go back into the main! Yaaaa! :wink:

All is well, no ich, and all the fish are doing fine.

Just for info I have a White Cheek Tang, an Engineer Goby, 2 Percula Clowns, Tomato Clown, Yellow Tailed Damsel, and a Royal Gramma in qt. My qt is a 30g tank, with a cheap skimmer, an emporor 400 filter, and another large filter, and PVC fittings. I treated with a Copper based med. called Cupramine.

It can be done, I have proved it to many times.

PS. I f I get ich in the tank again, maybe one of you will trade me a nano for my tank.... :D

You already feeding garlic enhanced food, right?

Best of luck to ya buddy!

I hope it's OK to ask HIM to help you and your fish out. I hope so since I opted for that instead of the toe crossing. Kurt's got that covered already :wink: . Would have to take my shoes off at work. 0X

Thanks guys!

I do not feed the garlic soaked food, but I want to start today. Where do I get the garlic, and what is it called?

What type of foods do you saok, and how do you do it?

Thanks. I have an idea, just want to make sure. :wink:

Somewhere, I've seen threads at this site about soaking in a garlic mixture. I use the ocean nutrician flakes with garlic added. I'd think the garlic soak may be better. Maybe someone can chime in and help with that.

I think I've seen people soak bender mush, frozen foods, krills, flakes, and I'd guess anythig else that can soak it up.

Well, the fish are back in the main, and looking good! Thanks for all the support and help you guys have given me!

Blessings, :wink:

Keep an eye on them. I’m coming up on my 2nd week next Monday so I’m just starting. (have a long way to go) I think I’m going to go for 8-10 weeks this time because 6 weeks did not work last time I treated. My Flame Angel got ich in a week.

I treated my Flame Angel with Hypo. It was fine and all the ich was gone. Treated him for 6wks and left the tank fallow for 6wks. A week after I added it he broke out again. Not sure why. I have a refractor meter and kept the salinity at 1.09 the entire time in my QT. I'm uping the heat in my main tank as Kurt has suggested and will leave the tank fallow for about 8-10wks this time. The ich clears up quick with the Hypo treatment and I'm able to put LR in with him to give a more natural environment. I've had no Ammonia problems with the Hypo treatment as I have had with copper and the fish seems to like the lower salinity. I guess for the bio reasons explained in the website that gives the back ground and information on Hypo.

Back
Top Bottom