Well here is the new tank setup...kinda bummed though..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well i got it setup today. Im kinda bummed though. I wanted no power heads in the tank but it seems the one 1'' bulkhead wont be enough to even run the small mag 3 pump (it gurgles when the pipes are wide open, I had to restrict the flow to quite it down). There will be more rock on the far side of the pic. Its just in the other 10gallon tank while this tank gets all the levels right. Sorry I could not get a full tank shot. The 10gallon is literally right infront of it (the big black stuff you see in the tank shot).

Tank1.jpg

Tank2.jpg

Tank3.jpg

The bottom tank will eventually be a fuge. Im trying to get this other stuff figured out right now as this is my first ever attempts at connecting two tanks.

In the sump since making the pipe drain into the water (pipe in the water) it kept the water backing up with pressure and causing more gurgling. I drilled out the top of the pipe so it could flow out when this occurs. The whole setup is pretty quite now.

I have a 1" bulkhead on my frag tank it it runs a Mag7 slightly turned back. You should be able to run a 3 or 5 wide open.

ellisz said:
I have a 1" bulkhead on my frag tank it it runs a Mag7 slightly turned back. You should be able to run a 3 or 5 wide open.

is the gurgling loud on that tank? How do you have it setup if its quite? Right now the tank is super quite I only hear a little sound and its actaully peacfull.

Benden how exactly do you do a closed loop setup? Do you mean just have the mag take water right out of the main tank and put it right back in? I was really wanting to increase the watervolume and have a fuge on this tank. Im windering why my 1'' is so loud when others have used bigger pumps for it :-\

you have 1 bulkhead in the upper right corner? If so if you get a plastic filter cover you can turn them to an angle and this helps a lot with the gurgling. I have them on both my tanks and they work well. I also have a 12=14" piece of airline hose down the overflow pipes with the end sticking out the top. This helps with air in and out for the overflow.

let me know if you need a pic of my overflows.. You may be able to see them in my gallery...

seaham358 said:
you have 1 bulkhead in the upper right corner? If so if you get a plastic filter cover you can turn them to an angle and this helps a lot with the gurgling. I have them on both my tanks and they work well. I also have a 12=14" piece of airline hose down the overflow pipes with the end sticking out the top. This helps with air in and out for the overflow.

let me know if you need a pic of my overflows.. You may be able to see them in my gallery...

If you could post a close up. Where did you get the filter cover at? I was looking at the ones that are used on the maxijets and they are too small.

ellisz said:

Does your tank gurgle? The pipe can handle the flow but just not quitly lol. How do you have yours setup?

I don't really think it is loud but it is in my basement. I buy my bulkheads from Greentree Pet center and they come with the stariner. You can add add a 90 deg pvc fitting to allow you to turn the strainer.

I figure if the pipe is facing up im getting some surface skimming anyways. I just need to find something to keep the snails and such out of it

Back
Top Bottom