Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
well i finally did it

im not really sure what i need to do now. i have done tons and tons and tons more reading so my mind is over loaded on info. but..

after going to the Dallas World Aquarium today ( ill post picture later tonight) i decided to stop by boutiques pets and aquarium in dallas and i Almost put down for a 75gallon aquarium. there price was 211.00 i think but since i had no way of fitting it in my mustang i didnt buy it. my thought was they had lay away for i could buy it and coem back for it with a rental truck of some kind.

well i decided to think it over to fish gallary via my gps and look there while thinking about what to do. being new to texas and dallas area(hour away) it was nice to see some fish stores. well they had a 40% off sale on tanks so i know own a 75g tank. they are ordering it and storing it for me for 2 weeks while i figure out how im going to pick it up.

im going to end up making a stand. im currently making my own rocks. so i have to figure out how much sand i need, plus all the other equipment ill need. and figure out lighting. thats the one i have no idea what kind of lighting ill need. i dunno if i need one or 2 or 3 mh bulbs. the lighting is really the part that confuses me even with all i have read.

i guess ill start an official build thread in 2 weeks or rename this one my official thread. i dunno. i plan on goign slow and doing it right. and im not just talking about the cycle. ive done that before so thats easy. im talking about taking my time getting the equipment right. id rather only have to buy it once. dont want to buy stuff and not like it and have to buy something else.

harmy4993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Good luck on the start up. Read this for equipment needs.

Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome. Good luck.
~ Mitch

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Moved to the SW and Reef Getting started forum.
2 planted tanks: 40g, 20g ; 38g Reef tank
My links to pics: 40g breeder planted build, 40g breeder planted update, My 38g Reef Build

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com