Well what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E-rock

Aquarium Advice Activist
Finally got moving on my 90 gallon build. Today I just finished plumbing my basement sump an built my fish wall. Well what do you think? Next I need to decide where I want my baffles any suggestions? More pics soon

Attachments

• image-686378627.jpg
    image-686378627.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 119
E-rock said:
Finally got moving on my 90 gallon build. Today I just finished plumbing my basement sump an built my fish wall. Well what do you think? Next I need to decide where I want my baffles any suggestions? More pics soon

WOW! how tall is that top tank?

Going to watch this one as it develops. :) If it goes well, I may have to dig a basement under my family room. :) How is that for a weekend DIY project?

Sounds good have a small leak in one of the fittings gonna try to take care of it Tom. Then there will more pics

Well the top tank is a 55 gallon and it's gonna be the sump. The bottom of it's at chest level. The middle I plan on using for some small koi in the winter. Maybe a frag tank haven decided yet. And in the bottom will most likely be an ato.

Sorry I haven't updated I just finished fixing the last leak. I am pretty pissed off though the drain line is extremely loud. Not the overflow. it still sounds like niagara fall running though the pipe(literally I live 5 mins away from there, identical sound...lol) any ideas what I could do to quiet it down? I ran it in 1" PVC would it be quieter if I did 1.5 PVC? Easiest change would be if I did 1.5 tubing. What do you think?

Sorry I haven't updated I just finished fixing the last leak. I am pretty pissed off though the drain line is extremely loud. Not the overflow. it still sounds like niagara fall running though the pipe(literally I live 5 mins away from there, identical sound...lol) any ideas what I could do to quiet it down? I ran it in 1" PVC would it be quieter if I did 1.5 PVC? Easiest change would be if I did 1.5 tubing. What do you think?

Well the EPA may not like it but I guess you could build a **** to quiet it down. Oh, wait a minute, you were not talking about Niagra Falls were you. LOL

I am no expert by any means but, I think if you can adjust it so that the amount of water almost fills the drain line it would reduce the sound considerablly.

Apparently AA decided that I was trying to cuss and not that I was speaking of a sturcture meant to block the flow of water creating a lake. LOL

Hmmm does someone really read every post to check??

Well anyway I thought about that too should I try to make the hole in the stand pipe larger? Or is it big already

Hmmm does someone really read every post to check??

Well anyway I thought about that too should I try to make the hole in the stand pipe larger? Or is it big already

Not sure I can answer that one for you because I have never done a set up like this for an Aquarium. I did build a DIY biofilter for my ponds which has a gravity feed back to the top of my waterfall. I noticed that if the water level at the bulkhead was about halfway up it was noisy. If I raise the water level to the point that only a very small air gap exists at the top of the bulkhead the noise level is reduced substantially. Also increases my flow in the water fall which is a good thing. :)

Back
Top Bottom