Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-03-2004, 12:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to dinotrex
West Coast Live Rock?? SF - Eastbay???

Does anyone know of a place in the bay area to buy good honest live rock?? I've been reading here and I want some live rock with "hitchhickers" in them and I'd like to make sure that the LFS didn't get to them before I purchased the liverocks.

dinotrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via Yahoo to OhTheHumanity
Im in the valley and I haven't seen any rock around here that is high, already cyclyed quality. Check out Liverocks.com. A lot of us on the forum have ordered from there and are very happy. The rock has a lot of purple coraline algae and many hitchhikers. Even some you don't want in your tank. You can buy this rock and have it shipped for about the same price you would pay at the lfs for lower quality rock.

Just an estimate.

LIverocks.com 80 lbs of LR $348 total including shipping.

Lfs 80 even at $4 per lb you are looking at $320 + tax.

OhTheHumanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:19 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Check out the store in Hayward The name doesn't come to me right now but it's on Foothill about a block north of A Street
150 reef, drilled, 185LR, DSP,AquaC EV-180, T-5 lights, Softies, Schrooms, Anemones, Clown pairs
Jimailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:40 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to dr_girlfriend
Ive heard nippon goldfish co. in san fran has some good stuff, but not sure. As far as stuff like hitchhikers I dont think youre going to get any from an lfs. I've looked at all about fish, there rock sucks. as far as anyone else, not sure. I gave up looking for live rock in stores, I'm usually not impressed with quality to price ratio.
Fish are friends, not food

We weep for the bird's cry, but not for the blood of a fish. Blessed are those who have voice.

Pinky: "What are those Brain?" (pointing to a group of people protesting)
Brain: "People without jobs Pinky."

N. California aquarium maintenance, scuba certification, and boat services.

Need computer services in N. California? Click here!
dr_girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote

live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com