WetDry Problem, Please Help ASAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munskins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:oops: I was doing a water change and forgot to turn off the wet dry :oops: . When I looked at the head (the thing that spits out the water), it was spitting water like h+ll broke loose!

I filled it back up to where the glass ends and turned the switch back on and nothing. The protein skimmer and the UV Light was still working but the pump didnt seem to be pushing or making any noise.

:arrow: Did I just brake the pump or is there anything else that I have done wrong?

Other Facts: The water in the wet dry is way pass the water level line so I may have put too much water in. There is no water in the tubing that goes back to the tank (from the pump).

What kind of pump is it?

It is possible that running it dry has overheated it and it needs to cool down. It is also possible that running it dry has burned it up. It may need to be primed, depending. Need more info to help out ;)

It is a RIO 3100. Its been cooling down in the water for awhile, so I guess it burned :oops: . Never heard of priming, tell me more...give me hope :cry: . Thanks.

Also, is there suppose to be water in the tubing that goes from the pump back to the tank?

the tube from the pump to the tank will be empty when you power the pump off. if the pump is submerged then you sould not have to prime it. If it was an external pump then priming might be required.

when you plug the pump in do you hear anything? if you wiggle the pump around any while plugged in does it start?

Since its a RIO you might have to take the pump apart and clean the impeller and the shaft as they can sometimes get some gunk bult up on them.

Rios overall have bad rep for not restarting.

If RIos suck, then what's a good, powerful pump to use for getting water from your sump to your tank?

Quiet ones are decent pumps, when I had experience with them they only came in one size. If I'm not mistaken (which is entirely possible) they are owned by Mag Drive and hopefully held to the same standards.

Back
Top Bottom