What about this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodOSoot

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I want to go into SW hobby. I was going to start out with my 29 gal. but this seems a like smaller better start to the hobby.

If I can't keep any fish at first thats fine but at least inverts will give me an a idea of the whole deal.

Here is what I thought about purchasing...

http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=177

Along with the small 50w heater.

I have seen similar things setup at local petstores, mostly a really long tank almost like a HOB refugium. They seem to work well with LR and a couple of inverts swimming around.

I figure better this then spending a lot of money on stuff for the 29 gal. and not having it work out. That and since we might be moving it could be a very tough to keep the bigger tank alive through the move.

Actually bigger is better for a beginner in this hobby. =)

A larger aquarium is much more forgiving than a smaller one. Whether it's water conditions, or temperature issues or you name it, the more water there is to spread it out over the less chance you have of it becoming a crisis before you can catch it. The reason the little tanks in the fish store look so great is because they are constantly being maintained. You're much better off starting out in your 29 gallon. I'd actually recommend going bigger for your first one but it sounds like cost may be an issue so I could understand you not wanting to spend more money on a larger tank.

Definately reconsider the 10gallon though. =)

Back
Top Bottom