what am I forgetting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am starting a 90gal reef. Using existing nano LR and LS. This is more of equip check.
(2) 250W MH
(2) 96W Actinic 03
(2) 4" Ice Cap Variable speed fans
Remora Pro (w/Mag3)
Eheim Professional (for water mvmt and GAC) pulses like wave maker
(2) Maxi Jet 1200
(2) Maxi Jet 900
(1) 250W Ebo heater
90 lbs Aragamax Dry Sand
60 lbs. Dry Base Rock
20 lbs. LS from Nano (14mos. old)
60 lbs LR from established Reef Tank

No sump. Mostly inverts. Maybe a couple of smaller fish, grammas, basslet, blenny that sort of thing. Plan on having macros in display to help filter, so I will try to stay away from herbavors. I'll get another heater just in case, but I live in So. Cal so keeping the temp cool is usually the issue. We don't have seasons around here so inside the house is usually 72+ even in Winter. I do also plan on getting more LR, but I am going wait a few months for everything to settle down, then top off with some quality LR.

Thanks fishfreak

live in So. Cal so keeping the temp cool is usually the issue

Oh ok. Then one might be fine. There are a few factors when sizing the heaters. One is the amount that you have to rase the water above room temp. If you have to rase the tank 15 degrees above room temp then you need more heater than if you only have to go 10 or 5 degrees.

Think I'll pick one up anyways another $25 won't kill me. Just ordered 50lb LR for $112 instead of the 60 lb dry rock mentioned earlier. The dry was going for $85 plus shipping. I can will call the LR (from OceanPro Aquatics) I hear it's pretty good stuff. Christmas in October..Love this hobby, I mean habit.

thanks again :wink:

Back
Top Bottom