What are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HusbandsTank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There are two new white "growths" in my husbands tank.

One is jelly/brain-like and under a coral's rock.

The other are small and fuzzy looking popping up all over. Some are more tube like and others are like a grub shape.

Please help! Trying to keep this thing together while my husband is deployed and already having issues!

Also the over the tank filter started leaking so I had to take it off. Currently trying to dry the carpet, hopefully this will not cause the stand to rot or something. Any idea why the over the edge filters leak??? Looked like it was coming over the top.

Attachments

• image-2990176628.jpg
    image-2990176628.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 65
  • image-484893920.jpg
    image-484893920.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 50
Don't know about the filter issue as I have a cube tank but I do know the white thing in the right pic is a pineapple sponge. Completely harmless and are a good sign of a healthy tank establishing itself. They will come and go. Give it a google and see if that's what they are. :)

You are right!! Thats a relief because there are quite a few of them. Not sure about the other stuff, maybe a different type of sponge??

I think im just going to get a new over the edge filter. They are pretty cheap and all the ones i have seen have a top and ours does not... Unsure as to why.

Most Likly the others are a type of sponge didn't look to be anything to worry about. The pineapples come and go.

Back
Top Bottom