What brand is good for a protein skimmer? *Updated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have heard that Seaclone and Jebo are not good at all.

Any suggestions on which brands?

I own 3 Aquamedic Turbofloater Multi's...I am quite happy with them. Your tank is large enough to not even be considering a seaclone. Unfortunately, I think you will need to look at the ones that are a little pricier. (the drawback of a bigger tank)

I have been using aceaclone for the past 8 months in my 37g, but I just ordered the Remora since I was getting tired of the inconsistant performance form the Sealcone. I'll let you know tomorrow how the two stack up against each other.

John

Lori. What sized tank is this again? I've grown to like the Aqua C brands. Got an EV180 for my 155g and the Aqua C Remora HOB for my 36g.

I agree with austinsdad, go with the EV120 Aqua C. I have the Aqua C remora and I love it. I've also heard very good things about the EV120.

Got my Remora today.....

First impression was how simple it is. I was expecting something more complex, but it is a very simple design and I like that. Its is a very sleek shape, not ungangly like the seaclone and a nice dark gray.

Setting up was a breeze. Since my tank is only a 37g, I did not opt for the prefilter box and only got the maxijet 1200 pump, but all you do is attach the pump, plug is in and voila, skimmer extrodinair.

Instruction say it will take at least a couple of days to break in, and I did a PWC while I was setting it up, so I will have to update as to the performance. However, when i dumped my seaclone, it only had about 1/4 cup os skimmate, and that is 5 days worth of skimming.

I was going to post pics, but my camera decided to die....

I agree with most people here that a Remora is probably too small for a 110g tank, but I will still update in a few days.

HTH

John

Back
Top Bottom