What can I add next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmor1701d

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 125 AGA has been running for about a year. I have 205# LR and 6"-8" DSB. An assortment of snails, blue, scarlet and micro hermits, 2 coral banded shrimp (did in my peppermints), two brittle stars...
Livestock consists of:
1 Green chromis (Chromis viridis)
1 Coral Beauty Angel; (Centropyge bispinosus)
2 True Percula Clownfish (Amphiprion percula)
1 Bicolor Blenny (Ecsenius bicolor);
1 Royal Gramma (Gramma loreto)
1 Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus carpenteri)
1 Foxface Lo (Siganus vulpinus)
1 Sailfin Tang (Zebrasoma veliferum)

So, am I fully stocked at this point or can I add?
I'd love to get a mandarin and I think my tank might be mature enough.

What about corals? Would it be safe to add any with my current stock. I know the Angel might nip, what about the others?
I'm planning on a lighting upgrade soon. I currently have an Aqualight with one 96w 10k and one 96w 03. The other side of the tank just has NO for now.

TIA,

Aside from the chance your coral beauty develops a taste for your coral polyps your tank appears to me to be fairly coral safe. Of course the corals you select should be targeted toward your lights. IF you add another pair of 96W bulbs on the other side of the tank you should be ok with medium and low light corals and if you place the higher light corals at the top of your live rock.

Thanks Kev.

I'm looking at adding 250w MH across the top if I can start adding corals. I'm going to change the sump first. I'm battling a bit of a nitrate problem right now, so I've got to get that under control first.

What about the livestock question?

Back
Top Bottom