what can i have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ck-fisher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 29g will 130w of 50/50 lights

and i want to know what corals can i have in my tank i already have a torch coral and my waters perfect

whats anothor newbie coral

i have a red sea skimmer and bout 30 pounds live rock two power heads 300gph

i have had my tank for about a year

You have a med. light tank. I run a super actinic and 50/50 VHO. Look in my gallery for corals that would do good in your tank. I just have soft and LPS corals.

what are sum of the good beaginer corals that can be put uder a med lighted tank???

i looked though it and im thinking about a mushroom or two and sum polys ....but i was just asking what everyone has had success with a med light tank

You are kind of asking an open ended question, so it is hard to give advice. I would check some out and then post with:
"I think I like these, will they work in my tank?"...kind of thing....

Sorry CK, Got tied up. I have very good success with mushrooms and polyps. These are excellent starting points. I have sold back to the LFS over 300.00 of mushrooms that I used to buy other corals. Colt coral, Brain coral and leathers after that. Just some good starters

thank u i wanted to get a brain later on

but for mushrooms and polyps is there anything i need to know about them

i have got a lot of info about them just looking for little tips

They are basically pretty hardy corals. I do weekly 10-15% PWC`s. I dont target feed them as they get their feedings from the light and food scraps in the water column. I also feed my tank phytoplankton. Other than that I dont do anything else to my tank. Oh I also use Kent`s coral vite but I always under use. If it says use 3 caps I use 2 caps. This is the only chem that I add to my tank. IMO PWC`s provide all I need for all other supplements.

thank you for all ur help

if anyone has anything eles that could help me plz do

I have virtually the identical setup (29 gal with 130W of PC lighting). Right now I have mushrooms, green star polyps, some zoos, a toadstool leather, and candy cane. All of them seem to have done fairly well. The star polyps in particular have grown like mad. The mushrooms seemed to be nearly indestructible as they tolerated my clumsy handling. :)

i just got back from my lfs and the mushrooms they had were tiny.

but in like a week or two im going back to get them.

one more Q. what would be a good combo of fish in my tank i of course already have two clowns i have had one of them sence last feb and i got the other on a month or two ago. but what i want to know what eles could i put in my tank ?

thankz for all the help im looking forward comign to this site when i need help

what have u had alot of success with?
Success largely depends on providing the right husbandry for the right animal. Couple that with diligent maintanance and good water parameters and you have a lot of great options for corals. There are many softies and LPS corals that are very easy to care for and will thrive in most properly lite and well maintained tanks.

Back
Top Bottom