What cause hair algea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bit more info needed - how much do you feed and how often? What's the stock list/tank details? How long are you running your lights for each day? What's your maintenance schedule look like?

Yes this is a new set up... Just over a month in. My tds reading have been as low as 50 and as high as 150 ? I am planning on a filter change and possible booster pump to help my ro system out.

image-1895464606.jpg

What kind of skimmer are you running? A good skimmer will help with that.

Not a 100% sure on the brand ... But I had some trouble with it a couple weeks ago where I had it cranked up to much, ended up putting most of my sump on the ground. Since then I turned it Down because I am scared it will happen again

I am also new at all of this and I have a guy here where I live that has a small sw only store. He told me that when he started the whole saltwater thing 15 years ago, He had the same problem with hair algae. A good cure is a good skimmer. Reef octopus is a good one I am told.

Yes this is a new set up... Just over a month in. My tds reading have been as low as 50 and as high as 150 ? I am planning on a filter change and possible booster pump to help my ro system out.

Your water is most likely the source of your issue. Are you using an rodi filter? And what do you mean by booster pump for ro system?

Back
Top Bottom