Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-10-2003, 07:11 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
A fuge is a nice way to help add extra filtration to your tank, but they are not a quick fix. Mine is still in its infant stage and it has been up for about 2 months.

There still seems to be controversy over wether or not to do water changes during cycling. I think it prolongs the process. Adding LR to your tank puts a temporary weight on your bio load. Since you added a large batch of live rock after your tank had spiked the first time, you were more than likely going to cycle again.

I think the issue at hand is really a matter of time. Your tank is only 10 weeks old. Having these kinds of water problems are commonplace at this stage of the game. Your skimmer should help quite a bit, but again, don't look for immediate change.

We have all dealt with these and similar problems while setting up our tanks. It took my reef tank 10 months before it finally matured. Don't lose patience, the rewards come back 10 fold.

You can never have too many friends.
fishtender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright thank you!!!

I'm just going to watch it, and try to keep the level from going toxic.
Thanks for all the advice.

kungfukoi is offline   Reply With Quote

nitrate, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com