this is one form of alage i most certainly have!
this is another form of Alage i am having the most problem with!
i do have another type of alage but i am still loking for it on the web. i will post when i find it.
so heres my plan..
- i am going to do water changes every week 5g on a 30g tank
- buy new 150watt 14000K HQI bulb
- Increase water flow at top of tank. to do this i am going to move my maxi jet 600 a little closer to the top and point it directly at the surface. this pump will run 24-7.
- decrease lighting time to 8-9 hrs instead of 11-12 i have it set for now.
- decrease food giving to fish.. feed 3days.(mon,wed,fri) mabe some plankton on sun for coral. 1/4 tsp.
-buy yellow tang. (but i belive my tank might be too small)
now i do have a 25 watt UV
light, but i have no Pump to run it, nor do i have any clue how to get the water to the light and back. The top of my tank is to small to hold another pump. If i was to use my UV
light i would have to set it on floor or build a shelf beside the tank to place it on.
is it possible to gravity feed the UV
light and use a pump to pump the water back into the tank?