what color is your background?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I painted the back of my tank gloss true blue.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120624_201629.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120624_201629.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 113
I have gotten my first black Background and now I'll never go back to blue. It makes you pay attention to the things in the tank, not the background. The tank was just started in this pic, couldn't find a newer one.

Attachments

• image-4131053856.jpg
    image-4131053856.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 96
So it seems like most people have done back.... two of my tanks are spray painted black. I was debating on navy for the 55g I will be putting up.

We have 1 tank that is black and the other blue. To be honest, my hubby and I both like the black much better. It pops the colors a lot. Unfortunately the tank that is painted blue is 180g and it's not moving till we move...even when we move, to,scrape and repaint will prob not be an option. I vote for black.

You have a certain amount of memory you can use before it blocks access, go into user control panel, on the left side bar there is a tab for attachments, delete a few pics and youll be good.

I have a stupid plastic blue background that's all bubbled but my dad likes it x.x I wanted to spraypaint the back of my new tank but he said no because he thinks I'd want to change it later. Oh well, I'm planning on using black paper.

Try using vegetable oil between the black plastic film and the tank. It makes it stick and you can squeegee out the bubbles. They sell the aquarium stuff, but it's the fortune and also an oil. My black plastic background has a few wet spots, butmits a corner tank and I can easily get behind their to paint with a small foam roller. Next on the todo list. Once I saw the difference between black and blue, ill never change from black, especially in a reef tank. It pops big time.

Good luck

I wouldn't use vegetable oil. It goes bad over time, and basically rots. It will get really sticky and discolored.
This is why you are supposed to use mineral oil on a wood cutting board, it doesn't spoil. I don't know that mineral oil would work on the background, I'm just saying I wouldn't use vegetable oil.

Pretty much any oil would probably stick but it still gets bubbled and some are gross. I hate those stick on backgrounds. I wish I could paint the backs. They're good if you're indecisive but paint looks better more often than not imo.

Maybe it is mineral oil?? I didn't really think about it going rancid, my bad. They sell that oily stuff for the backgrounds. As long as after you apply, you squeegee the bubbles out, it does look good.

Back
Top Bottom