What Color Moonlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooltop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Going to add moonlights to my Nova Pro Extreme 48" fixture

I see they come in 2 colors white or blue. Which color is the best for this. also how many do i need to get to go across it?

Thanks
Patrick

Hey... I have the 36" version of that light. I have 2 Blue moonlights and I think I'll be adding 2 more eventually. Tank looks realy cool at night, but only the section directly below them get's illuminated(sp). Which moonlights are you going with? I bought the Current ones and they are quite hard to mount on that fixture. I ended up using Doublesided tape for now.

I'll snap a picture tonight if you want to see how mine looks with 2moonlights.

I can't advise on which color to go with, That's more a personal choice. My Uncle has a white moonlight on his FW tank and I really like the blue better.

I was going to go with the same ones

yeah take a picture so i can see what they look like

dot_clear.gif

As promised, I took some pics last night in the Dark of my tank with only the moonilights on... YIKES it is difficult to do that..even with a high end camera. I need a Tri-pod .. I think I got 1 or 2 that came out OK

Anyway, I'll post them later when I get a chance.

sorry.. i know this isnt a saltwater tank.. but its the last one i had moonlights on.. id hate to see what the salt would do to the electrical... i saw what only freshwater did to mine lol.. here is a pic though.. tank was cycling... if you want look at the specs of my shots.. you could be able to use them to get a picture from your camera.

img_1018740_0_05d45726d97f7142681617c41fe4548b.jpg

2001 super crew rootbeer 025.jpg[/ATTACH]IMG00072-20090811-0024.jpggo on ebay and type moon lights and you can get a set like mine for only like $12.00 and they look great! I would recomed a coralife day/night timer almost a must

Back
Top Bottom