What could I put in a 150 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awsome. Also how do I place the LR? Is there a certain way? Do I just stack it? Or just make it how I like?

Thanks

Just put it in how you like. Try and make caves and crevices that the fish can swim through and hide in. Gives them a sense of comfort to help aliviate stress. Try and leave enough room between the rocks and glass for your hand to get to everything for cleaning. Be sure water will be able to flow freely around the rocks for good circulation.

put the rock in before the sand... you'll lose some surface area on the rock, but by putting it on the bottom of the tank, you can be sure nothing is going to burrow under it (or undermine it) causing a rockslide. rockslides kill fish and break tanks.

Also, what about starfish, seahorses, jellyfish, seaurchin, cucumbers, and shrimp and what not?

there are some species of starfish that will be good in your tank. seahorses are out, they need to be in a tank by themselves and without LR or LS because they are easily killed by other fish and by apistasia and other hangers-on on LR. also, they need to be target fed, and this is more easily accomplished in a smaller tank. there are good and bad things said about urchins and cucumbers. i personally like cucumbers and think they do an excellent job stirring up the sand and eonsuming detritus and whatnot.

jellyfish are a no for most tanks, they need a lot of vertical swimming space and will consume other inhabitants in your tank.

shrimp are excellent, they are amusing to watch and also help keep the sand bed clean. some good kinds are cleaner shrimp (skunk and banded), camel, etc. the "cleanup crew" should also include a good number of hermit crabs (i like blue legs, cheap and do a good job) and a lot of snails.

Back
Top Bottom