what do do with 6 tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harmy4993

Aquarium Advice FINatic
im talking to someone selling 6 40 gallon cubes. he is selling them as a set for a very very very good price. to good to pass up. so if this goes thru ill have 6 tanks.
1 display
1 refuge
1 sump
1 frag
what could the other 2 be. i want to kinda plumb them all together. i guess i could do 3 side by side dt with diffrent life in each one. then the refuge, sump and frag tanks under a stand?

thoughts and suggestions welcomed

Ya i like that idea!! there is so many fish/coral that aren't compatible, this way you work around that factor...if your up to it and have room it would be sweet to build the enclosed look with full wall cupboards around them..i think that would look cool with three cube tanks...that is a lot of work though so probably wont happen... just an idea :)

im talking to someone selling 6 40 gallon cubes. he is selling them as a set for a very very very good price. to good to pass up. so if this goes thru ill have 6 tanks.
1 display
1 refuge
1 sump
1 frag
what could the other 2 be. i want to kinda plumb them all together. i guess i could do 3 side by side dt with diffrent life in each one. then the refuge, sump and frag tanks under a stand?

thoughts and suggestions welcomed

You could connect all three together using fish bridges. Then your fish could swim between all three tanks.

From what I understand about them however, the water can become stale and toxic in then unless a constant flow through them is kept up. This can be achieved either by having a filter which inputs into tank 1 and takes out of tank 3. Or a pump; which pumps the water out of tank 3 and into tank 1.

I would buy them all.
1 sump
1 frag/grow out
1 refugium
1 Quarantine tank
2 DT's (one could be reef and the other FOWLR. Right next to eachother I think they would look great. You could have them all plumbed together as well. Except the quarantine.)

I would buy them all.
1 sump
1 frag/grow out
1 refugium
1 Quarantine tank
2 DT's (one could be reef and the other FOWLR. Right next to eachother I think they would look great. You could have them all plumbed together as well. Except the quarantine.)
ya i would have to buy them all thays how they are being sold.as for a qt i do own a 29g tank that will be here at the end of may.its currently sitting in cali. so maybe 3 dt? 1 low light coral, one high light coral and 1 fish only?althou with the diffrent lighting im not sure that would look good and im not sure i would enjoy a fish only tank. maybe i could experimant. do one mh tank, one t5 ho tank and one led tank one frag tank one refuge and one sump then have the 29 be my qt tank

That sounds good. SPS can grow quite a bit so a seperate tank for them might be good. Then in the other you can have LPS and Softies under the T5's.

You have to remember that you would have to buy equipment that is rated for a 240g tank. And the water parameters of all the tanks will have to be the same.

Send the extras to me!

Keep the extras until you find something you want that's not compatible with your existing tanks. It's bound to happen.

what to do with 6 tanks....

Give them to me! :) LOL.

That is a great deal on those tanks. I agree with Mike, sell 'em and get a big tank. But that's just me, either way I wouldn't have passed them up. Good pick up!

Back
Top Bottom