what do i need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How could you have a 24" tank if you have about 24" of room? You don't want the lights in the water! :lol: And yes, SW tanks are crazy expensive, but super rewarding!

It's cool I just went back to make sure I didn't say tall , but I guess I'm looking at this not even being up and running for another year just because of construction and parts,

That's normal to dream of a tank in the future. Is it weird that I'm dreaming about a new tank in 15 years? :lol:

Oh haha this is possibly in the far far future. I have a fairly new 70 gallon mixed reef now and when I have a million dollars (not really) to spend on a tank I would love to have a 500 gallon or some monster reef tank. I'm pretty sure everyone imagines having an unrealistically huge box of acrylic :).

Are you planning to get a chiller? I think there should be a place to custom build the tank to your specification. Welcomed to reef hobbies

I have seen some people on here have 1000 g tanks that's what I wish but how would you even do a water change? That much salt water is ridiculous! I planned for mine in my kitchen cause it close to a sink do dump the water in and the floor won't get ruined if anything spills.

Wow, I don't even know how they do water changes! I'd imagine siphoning out water into big buckets and dumping them outside? Really have no idea, that's just so much water! Uh oh! Are you planning on using tap water from your sink?

No just siphoning the water into my sink, I do the same with my 29, I know you either need to buy saltwater or mix your own

Okay cool! So you're planning on getting a RO/DI system? One of the best investments for sure.

obscurereef said:
Wow, I don't even know how they do water changes! I'd imagine siphoning out water into big buckets and dumping them outside? Really have no idea, that's just so much water! Uh oh! Are you planning on using tap water from your sink?

This is when we pull out the 55gallon trash cans lol. They were helpful changing out a 500g Discus tank all the time.

obscurereef said:
Okay cool! So you're planning on getting a RO/DI system? One of the best investments for sure.

That is a definite buy when doing any salt I think.
Luckily, in Louisiana my monthly water bills for a house with 5 people is less than $30

Back
Top Bottom