What do think of my plan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Todd

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here is my plan. I am starting a 150 gal. FOWLR first and once I have that mastered that, I would like to add some coral. When I have everything, I was thinking of getting 120 lbs of base rock from Hirocks and 40 lbs. of live rock from liverocks. Will this be enough live to start cycling my tank? Can I add more live rock after cycling? I will be adding 2" of sand(50% live,50%dry).

That should be a good start. and you can always add more live rock when ever you want!

What kind of filtration are you going to use?

If you are planning on LR and a skimmer as the only filtration then you will need a bit more LR. It is recommended to have 1.5-2lbs/gal. for filtration. What type of LS are you planning on using? You can use all dry sand and let the LR seed the sand. If you where planning on the bagged LS it is not very helpful as LS. You can add rock later but must be watchful of ammonia spikes.

sounds like a good plan with the added live rock. i wish i could have that huge of a tank with that much live rock

Back
Top Bottom