what do you think? no filter or sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawnt90

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75 g reef tank about an inch and a half of live sand and maybe 90lbs of live rock. 8 corals lps sps and soft. My filter was a nitrate factory and my sump was junk. So all I have now is heater 2 nice powerheads and a protein skimmer and my tests from 2 test kits and some test strips are perfecto. The digest problem I have had besides letting go lol was some snow from the calcium I was dosing I fixed the alkaline and was gone the next day..
I use two large hydor powerheads and 1 small also a remora skimmer and heater. Led lights. and thats it
Water changes weekly like 15% with Seachem Reef Salt and water from my spectrapure ro/di

Just wondering what everyone opinion would be on this subject. Anything else recomended or ideas. Or even problems I may come up against

So far its going very very well

What's it matter? Are u a some kind of a plastic sump welder lol cause that thing sure could use one.
Any way whats your thoughts on the rest of the post? What do you think? Any advise ideas?

shawnt90 said:
What's it matter? Are u a some kind of a plastic sump welder lol cause that thing sure could use one.
Any way whats your thoughts on the rest of the post? What do you think? Any advise ideas?

Just trying to help. Probably could have just "welded" it with silicone. Good luck with your tank.

Yeah its pretty well gone. I have the cash for a new one but so far as I can tell my tank is doing way better than I have ever seen.

So you think that sump is a real must?
Im not sure of the long term mechanics of no filtration "other than lr and skimmer" I'm almost at the 2 month mark and a leather and a softy doubled in size. Now at the 6 month mark will I wish I kept the sump? I really don't think so but if someone knows something I don't I hope they speak up

Back
Top Bottom