What do you think of this 6 bulb T5 fixture? What ATI bulbs would you suggest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themartins

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you think of this for lighting our 45 gal. upgrade? It's an Aquatic Life 6 bulb T5 with LED lunar lights. What ATI bulbs, and their placement would you suggest when we change out the bulbs?

Should be good. 6 bulb should allow you to grow most most anything. As for ATI bulbs 3 aquablue specials and 3 True Actinics. If you wanted to you supplentment a Purple+ bulbs instead of one of the actinics or aquablue specials depending of preference.

themartins said:
Is this a good choice for our upgrade or would you suggest something else?

This is a pretty good light however i'm sure you are paying quite a bit. Go aquatraders.com and browse they're lights i just ordered a quad t5 ho, with cooling fans, built in timer, and moon lights. I won't say the price but I got the big one and I am still waiting for it to get in. Although t5 lighting is good metal halides will be better because of the wattage. But if you like something that runs cooler and can have more lights much cheaper then t5 is your best bet. I have a temporary metal halide on my aquarium but is running way to hot and i do not care for the light it puts out but my opinion doesn't matter. It's what you like and lighting is one of those aquarium things that is based on your opinion and what kind of aquatic creatures you like to keep.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom