What do you think of this Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Was going to go and pick up some Crystal Sea Marinemix Bioassay Here locally I can get it for $30.00 for a 150gal bucket.. The company swears by it and states they purchase 40,000# per year and that is why they are able to sell it so cheap... What do you think worth a try?? At that price should I pick up a few???

TIA,
James

I seam to remember a thread on RC awhile ago, a bunch of people switched to this salt and experienced bleaching problems. If you switch go slowly ;)

I have use this salt on all my tanks and have never notice any problems. The company don't sell their salts to big online companies to give the local store a chance to compete with IO and stuff. I will try to put some pics of the stuff I keep with this salt. I definitly recommend the salt.

no 150gal... Its the cheapest stuff around here.. I am going to look for that post on RC and see if I can find anything new..

James

Well I found quite a few articles and no way am I going to Purchase it.. I will go for something Else...

Thanks Again Kevin

James

BTW Kudos for you Memory and saving my corals

Oh, enough salt to MAKE 150 gallons.....

I thought you were talking about a honkin humongous barrel of 150 gallons of salt.

:roll:

A moot point anyway now, eh!

Very interesting article, but since I am no Marine biologist or chemist it's a little hard for me to see which salt is best. I am sure there are better salts for fish only set ups and some better for reef setups.

Jc

Hi cj10488,
Does RC mean reefcentral.com? I looked for some salt articles but didn't find any. Can you post a link?

I was considering this salt, but since my tank set-up is several months away, I still have time to research. All these studies...some make some brands look good and the next study makes that brand look bad...so I'll do all the reading I can! One study made IO look not-so-good, and in another study, it seemed to be the closest thing to natural saltwater!

It almost makes you want to get fresh seawater or ocean water somehow!

Back
Top Bottom