What fish to start with when cycle completes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IfoundNemo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a 75gal. I want to stock clowns,yellow tang,and royal gramma,and possibly firefish. I want some hardy fish. Are these ideal fish for beginer?TIA

Those are good fish choices. I recommed buying captive bred clown fishes because they are much hardier, will accept most foods, are usually disease/parasite free, are use to aquarium life, are more friendly to people(sometimes will eat out of your hand), and you will know the age of the fish, unlike wild caught clowns.

Agree, nice starting fish. Be sure to introduce the tang last, it is the most aggressive and be sure to qt them first. :)

go with the clowns (2) first. They are very hearty and very friendly. the tang needs to be last, I would say the fire fish should be just after the clowns, and then your royal gramma

I have a Royal Gramma and a Purple Firefish

Very Hardy and are doing great for months

Clowns, then give the skittish firefish a good long time to get acclimated before adding anything else that may mess with them. Royal Gramma then the Tang. Excellent choices and should set you up for success.

Back
Top Bottom