What hardware would you recomend for this build?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I wnt to do a FOWLR build. 210gal tank glass, but all eupiment will be housed in the basement underneath the tank. So the run f4rom the tank to the basement would probably be about 10ft. For a tank that size, what siz sump (wet-dry), heater, skimmer. I was also thinking of using the 325 oceanclear filter I have atteched to my 75gal.

Let me know what you think

Reef central has a decent tool that teels you what various pumps can do under certain conditions. Plug in the pump, pipe/hose length, height of pipi/hose, elbows, unions, tees, etc, etc and it'll tell you what your gph flow will be.

On the skimmer, check out the Aqua C EV240. Great skimmers IMO. I'd go for at least a 50g sump. Maybe even use the 75???? More water volume is better.

Lemme know what you come up with.

If the sump is in the basement, why not look at the Rubbermaid livestock watering troughs? The 300 gallon is my favorite, and dirt cheap! You could be doubling your water volume, and adding plenty of room for the filtration!

Back
Top Bottom