What/how many fish for my 55 gal. reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I really wanted one but I dont want it to just die because my tank is too small. So 2 Clownfish are better than just 1, you think? What about the Wrasse and the Flame Angel? The Angel eats coral I know, but what was wrong with the Wrasse? Do you know of some colorful mid-size fish? I am acually wanting to get less bigger fish. Like I want the 2 Clowns, the Yellow Tang, a Kaudern's Cardinal & Spotted Cardinal (not sure if I will get these) and the Royal Gramma. What other fish are good, colorful fish that are mid sized. Thanks!

One more thing, would it be OK to get 1 Percula Clown and a Gold-Striped Maroon Clown? Or should I get 2 of the same type.

Mixing clown types is not usually recomended as they will fight among different species. 2 of one kind would be the best way to go.

hth,
Matt

Ok, so I will get 2 Gold-Striped Marron Clowns. I wont get a 6 Line Wrasse because they will compete with the Mandarin for food. I think i might have this set. How many fish is good for my tank?

P.S. IworkatPSP: Do you play paintball? PSP is a paintball event (if you play obviously you would know). If you do play, what gun do you have? I have a DM4 *Sorry to get OT*

Ok, I think I have made the final list! Please tell me if it is sutable for my tank:

2 Gold-Striped Maroon Clowns
Kaudern's Cardinal
Royal Gramma
Coral Beauty Angel
Yellow Tang
Green Mandarin Dragonet (after tank is established)

So... how is it!!!

I almost have the same tank up and running currently...No problems here...I would avoid maroon clowns they are pretty damn aggressive. I went with true percs

those maroon clowns will quickly take over the tank and terrorize the other fish. I have one pair as the ONLY fish in a 55. They harrass all others put in the tank, no matter what the size,

I agree skip the tangs esp the powder blue as he will not make it in a 55. The yellow you might make it now but you will have to upgrade a few years down the road.

agree on waiting on the PBT and Hippo tang, The maroon clowns can get large and mean, I would go with the Percs and the manderin is out in a tank that size with that many fish.

Back
Top Bottom