What is a good mixture of food for fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelso

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is a good mixture of food for the fish in my reef tank. I got a coral beauty in there, hasn't touched the coral since I got him. Shrimp clown & damsils. How should I mix it? Store it?

A food mix can include the following: Nori and/or other algaes, mysis, krill, cyclop-eeze, shrimp, marine fish, crab, clams, Golden Pearls, spirulina, and small pellets. I prefer pellets over flake, but certain companies do make a flake out of marine algaes. Most of these can be mixed in a blender or finely minced, mixed, and frozen flat in a freezer bag.

Awsome, thank you. That is very helpful, especally the flat & freeze part exactly what I needed.

Good point with the garlic. Now does garlic actually have nutriant for fish/tank, or is it just an attractent.

I feed what james does but I do it by buying Rod's Food. For the qantities I need I found its cheaper to buy it prepared than mixing everyhtng my self.
But everyone should make their own at least once <g>.

Rods Food, is that the brand name? If so what does it look like? What should I look for?

Back
Top Bottom