What is a good seed rock??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 52 lbs of live rock and would really like to get some more going and am looking for a good seed rock. I was told not to go with the lava rock so I am asking what you guys are using. I am afraid to put in more LR as I dont want to spike my lvls and stress out everthing so I was thinking about just adding some seed rock and letting it become live rock over time. Or if you could point me too some way to get some rock shipped in water so there was no die off that would be good too. When I got the rock intitally it was cured but even in just the time it took me to get it home it was literally fizzing and turning white and all.. That was great to get my cycle going but I have a feeling that that would be bad now :)

Thanks

Doan

Well you could always cure the rock in a seperate trashcan and not add it to the tank until ammonia, nitrite levels are undetecable.

I belive lava rock historcly is not suggested cause it can contain heavy metals. You can order some rock from hirocks.com (i think thats right)

I ordered and received 60lbs of the base rock from Hirocks.com and was very happy with it, although the packaging could have been better. it looks very much to me like the gulf rock from liverocks.com without the life of course.

Back
Top Bottom