What is my light strong enough to keep alive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilostnemo

Aquarium Advice Addict
Its a T10 rated to 20 watts and its got a purplish tint to it so im guessing its a standard grow light. This is for a 30 gallon tank. If possible i want a toadstool long, purple nana, mushrooms, and live rock. Would this be enough lighting? or would i need to step up to a 15 watt t5?

Not sure what a "purple nana" is, but it doesn't sound like either of those options is going to keep much of anything happy. Live rock doesn't care, but I *think* even the mushrooms are going to want more light. Someone that knows standard fluorescent tubes though will be able to give you a better idea.

Nowhere near enough lighting. You`ll need to get another light system. One bulb will not make it. You need to check out PC`s, VHO or T5HO system.

Nowhere near enough lighting. You`ll need to get another light system. One bulb will not make it. You need to check out PC`s, VHO or T5HO system.
my hood is custom with only one light in it, plus funds aren't avaible to buy one. specailly since they are almost 100 bucks..

well ive had plans to make a light for my tank. Only problem is what i could use to hold it to the tank. any ideas?

The simplest, but not very long lasting I bet, is to make some wooden legs for the light. If you are interested in metal working, you could bend up some sheet metal legs as well. Just make sure that you seal any wood and corrosion proof any metal.

In the mean time it sounds like you are going about it backwards. You need to cycle your tank first. That is when you add your LR and sand , ifl you want sand. Corals and other animals come later after you cycle your tank. That is when your lights are needed.

In the mean time it sounds like you are going about it backwards. You need to cycle your tank first. That is when you add your LR and sand , ifl you want sand. Corals and other animals come later after you cycle your tank. That is when your lights are needed.
i know this. but while its cycling i can work the light.... so its not backwards

Back
Top Bottom