Hello, I am a newbie to this community but I need some sick fish advice.
1. I purchased Tomini Tang about 3 days ago (tank raised)
2. He has since acclimated well with his fish-mates (Regal Pacific Blue Tang, Flame Angel, Banner Cardinal, PJ Cardinal, Diamond-Back Goby, Yellow Tang, two Clowns, Fire Shrimp, two Skunk Shrimp, two Emerald Crabs, Frog Spawn, and Star Corals) and there is no aggression among them.
3. He eats frozen Emerald Entree, frozen Brine, frozen Mysis, and he and his mates pick at the live rock. I have added some dried algae sheets but no one seemed interested in them.
4. I computer graph my water parameters just about every other day and they have been excellent. Here they are:
Temp 78 night (no lights) 82 day (with lights)
5. I noticed a raised "linear" streak that is somewhat whitish on only one side of his body. It is not HLLE
because it runs vertically and it has no signs of erosion. (I uploaded pictures, but the lighting is bluish and they are a bit blurry, he moves to fast for me to focus on.)
6. I ONLY saw "flashing" when he was first introduced to the tank and it was merely rubbing on the glass, I attributed that to stress. He no longer exhibits rubbing or flashing.
7. He appears to act normally, no hovering, no fast breathing, no floating near the top gasping for air,... you know he's just acting like fish act normally.
8. He was not QT'd and he has not been treated or medicated for anything so far.
9. System: 150 gal
corner overflow with sump, protein skimmer, heater, Wet dry trickle bio filtration, carbon/mechanical filters as well. Display has live rock, live crushed coral.
10. I add Iodine, strontium, Mg
, and Calcium as needed based on test values. All are within range.
SO, what is going on with my new tank member? Is this a physical injury from shipping/transplanting him in to his new home? Did he have a fight and I wasn't home to witness it? Is this an ACTUAL sickness/disease or parasite? HELP!