What is the best coral to start with....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Firaymark

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just recently starting a 45 gallon salt water tank with live rocks, live sand and some starter fish to get the tank conditions. I am hoping in the next few weeks to start adding coral. What is the best coral to start with? I don't want anything too difficult as this is my first salt water tank. All my test are good and the water is ready for me to add more fish plus coral. I want to give it time before adding coral as for now it's just the fish and bottom feeders.

Anything else you would recommend? I would like to have more than just zoas. Thx

Mushrooms, xenia, palythoas, trumpet coral, green star polyps...all of those are easy

I have just recently starting a 45 gallon salt water tank with live rocks, live sand and some starter fish to get the tank conditions. I am hoping in the next few weeks to start adding coral. What is the best coral to start with? I don't want anything too difficult as this is my first salt water tank. All my test are good and the water is ready for me to add more fish plus coral. I want to give it time before adding coral as for now it's just the fish and bottom feeders.

What kind of lights do you have? This dictates which kind of coral if any you can have.

The lighting is a 178 watt metal halid light. I was told this is what I need for coral. Is this OK? I should be getting it soon.

For the size tank you have that's on the lower end so I would only shop for softies and low-medium light lps.

This is the lighting system I ordered:

1x Odyssea 150W DE HQI Bulb 15000K

2x Odyssea 14W T5 High Output Bulb Actinic Blue

2x Dual Bluemoon LED

This is combined in one lighting system which produces 178 watts.

Would this lighting system be good for coral?

Back
Top Bottom