What is the best store bought coral food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recieved the NanoPack2 from SeaCrop.com yesterday (pics soon to come), and now that i know what it is i'm caring for, i need to buy some food, trace elements, iodine etc. to ensure their growth. If you are caring for these species, let me know what you do for suppliments or food.

3 Shrooms (1 Polyp Anemone, 2 need ID), 1 Fox Coral, 1 Frogspawn, 1 Carpet Leather, 1 Zooanthid Polyp, 1 Candy Coral, 1 Yellow Polyp, 1 Capnella, 1 Red Chili, 1 Red Gorgonian

Water changes should pretty much handle everything your corals will need. On a small tank it is especially easy. If you must dose though, I can't recommend any as I don't use any, but I will recommend that you not dose anything you don't test for.

Thanks for answering my HoopsGuru. I was concerned that my Bi-Monthly water changes will not be enough. I do dose Ca and Alk, which i test for weekly.

By Bi-monthly are you doing them every two months or twice a month? Twice a month would probably suffice to keep trace elements where they should be. As for food, I don't do much direct feeding (most of my corals are more photosynthetic than active feeders) but I do feed my frogspawn and other LPS corals finely chopped seafood once or twice a week. Sweetwater Zooplankton also works well for this.

sorry, i meant bi-weekly water changes

Now by this do you mean twice a week or........ :lol: :lol: J/K

I only feed the SZ to my LPS corals, it is often two big for other corals unless they feed in the same manner.

AAAAaaaaaccckkkkk!

I change the water about every 2 weeks, 14 days, 336 hours, 20160 minutes, 1209600 seconds, 120960000 nanosecs....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I thank you again, i will look into the SZ for those hungry little non-photosynth critters

I decided to use DT's Live Phytoplankton as the primary food source for my little guys. I got a 15oz bottle at the LFS for $23.00. The best i could find it on line is $21.00 then i would have to pay for shipping, which is really expensive. They have to ship it priority overnight because this stuff is live and need to be refrigerated.

Weekly with water changes for the zooplex, and then normally mondays and wed. The water changes are on sat. I have forgotten DTs and dont know how I should feed them. I only put like a little squirt of zooplex in though, so I dont think it does anything

Tell me if this sounds right. I remove the 50micron filter pad from the sump, then I take about a cup of tank water, add 3tsp of DT's and stir. Then I use a 60ml syringe, with no needle, and direct feed the corals with it.

well, I just meant turn the pump off so you can better target feed, although DTs isnt a target food

Back
Top Bottom