What is the bubble tip doing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daylilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Why is the bubble tip anemone going in through the rock? Will it make it to the other side????

Attachments

• image-1704871193.jpg
    image-1704871193.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 209
any updates pic? Did it make it to the other side?

Yeah after the lights came on it came back out and hangin like the usual.. Maybe got scared and went in the rock
So far it's doing good....

I just purchased a Bubble Anemome yesterday. Oh course I placed it where I thought would be a good area for it. It dropped the tiny rock it was holding onto, and climbed down the rock into my Xenia forest. Totally retracted 'til I couldn't see him. (Thankfully I've learned over the years just to wait and see) After a few hours it expanded a little, and then a little more. Unfortunately (I say this because I hoped it would settle in first) my pair of Sebae clownfish found him. Oh they bugged him all night until I went to bed. Now this morning the anemone is expanded (looks all the way) and made a nice spot witin the Xenia. Its actually a better spot that I had originally picked out. Its funny to see the clowns rubbing in it, it will need to grow a bit more before the female can hide in it properly.

Here is a updated pic
Why is there so much space on him in the
Middle?

I tried feeding it once but he just went in the rock.
I didn't try again. It's a week today that I got him.

Attachments

• image-1003881801.jpg
    image-1003881801.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 129
  • image-1910806534.jpg
    image-1910806534.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 126
No the foot looks cream colour

I haven't seen the clowns on the anemone yet but one of my clownfish is hanging around it but not near it. There is an anemone crab on the anemone he is always there.

My pink skunk hosts my frog spawn.

How ling does it take for them to pair if they do so

They may never host the anenome. I used to have one and none of my clowns ever messed with it. They would host the corals instead. I gave the anenome back to the LFS. In my experience it`s about 50% chance they will. Your anenome looks fine. It`s a Rose bubble tip anenome.

Back
Top Bottom