what is the MIN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
24 hours is fine... I mix mine and use it immediately (I know, I know it is not the best thing to do). I haven't ever had problems doing it... But don't have the space or the equipment to do otherwise at this time.

I have used water straight from RO and mixed my tank and then into the tank... I usually do a 10% water change. It is best to let it set for a while, but I don't have an extra pump and heater to circulate the water. Instant ocean says you can use their product immediately, but is best to aerate the water first...

think it will be ok? not burn the gills?
It's definitely possible, you would be taking a chance. Some people have had dire consequences from adding freshly made SW to their tanks. Why not wait??

my 3 year old slid the step stool over to my in wall tank...and decided to feed the fish...needless to say she dumped an entire cup of flake aquadine food.....i had to syphon out 12 gallns of water & only had 5 gallons of cured sea water.....

i think i might be ok now its been 6 hours with circulation and heater i might try now

doug

Back
Top Bottom