what is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanS180

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so i cant take a picture bc its WAYYY too small to come out in a picture, but i just noticed i have very tinnyyyy white things crawling on my glass?? anyone know what this is? and is it bad/normal? thanks in advance!!

kinda hard to tell what they look like haha theyre just like moving dots.. now and then theyll jump off the glass then go right back to it, so i doubt its a worm. hopefully theyre copepods or whatever haha

Hopefully its not flatworms! But I've never seen one if those jump
LOL. Probably a copepod. One of the best critters to have in your tank. Does it have legs??

paul87 said:
Hopefully its not flatworms! But I've never seen one if those jump
LOL. Probably a copepod. One of the best critters to have in your tank. Does it have legs??

Too small to tell I just looked :/

I just Googled copepods and I looked at the pictures and that's what they definitely are.

So if I have copepods does that mean my tank is cycled?? Bc I've been having a rough go about with my cycle the past few days

See: "fowlr tank soon to be in progress" or "stalled cycle?? Help!!!"

DanS180 said:
I just Googled copepods and I looked at the pictures and that's what they definitely are.

So if I have copepods does that mean my tank is cycled?? Bc I've been having a rough go about with my cycle the past few days

See: "fowlr tank soon to be in progress" or "stalled cycle?? Help!!!"

No it does not mean your tank is cycled.

They came in from the live rock you purchased. You can actually buy live copepods in a bottle or eggs. I purchased one bottle of tigrio copepodes and dumped half in my tank and half in my chaeto algae in my half gallon HOB refugium and my tank and fuge is full of them. Usually can't see them until night. They are excellent cleaners of detrius and a great food source for most fish. How long had your tank been cycling for?

paul87 said:
They came in from the live rock you purchased. You can actually buy live copepods in a bottle or eggs. I purchased one bottle of tigrio copepodes and dumped half in my tank and half in my chaeto algae in my half gallon HOB refugium and my tank and fuge is full of them. Usually can't see them until night. They are excellent cleaners of detrius and a great food source for most fish. How long had your tank been cycling for?

Just about 2 weeks now.. which is pretty much cycled now

Back
Top Bottom