Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voshon247 View Post
U would probably want too know how to get rid of it too other than scrubbing you can dose vodka
Buy a special type of hermit crab called zebra hermit crab or dwarf hermit crab I can't remember and things like cutting back on light can help killing it because it photosynthesis also the use of certain products online or at the lfs but finding the main source is the the best solution
Ok thank you

Old 05-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Schneidt View Post

Ok thank you
No prob I started out the same way because mines looked like coraline algae so I had let it grow and when I had found out wht it was I had scrubbed it off in my tank and tht just made it worst. It started growing over almost everything I had extra hermit crab shells and it started growing on tht even on my hermits tht are still alive I hear it can kill fishes and corals too but it hasn't seem to be effecting my fishes and coral but just dont give up the fight it can tank a while to kill

Old 05-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voshon247 View Post

No prob I started out the same way because mines looked like coraline algae so I had let it grow and when I had found out wht it was I had scrubbed it off in my tank and tht just made it worst. It started growing over almost everything I had extra hermit crab shells and it started growing on tht even on my hermits tht are still alive I hear it can kill fishes and corals too but it hasn't seem to be effecting my fishes and coral but just dot give up the fight it can tank a while to kill
Yeah Im gonna jump on it and get rid of it ASAP. Thanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com