What is this fish?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elitehunter1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I found this in my tank this morning! Help? It's a long transparent fish.

Attachments

• image-42611909.jpg
    image-42611909.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 197
  • image-4030539022.jpg
    image-4030539022.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 194
  • image-1358309656.jpg
    image-1358309656.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 211
The question is where the [moderator edit] did he come from!? That's a pretty big hitch hiker. I put in four new pieces of live rock the other day but they weren't very large. Also they were almost dry when I got them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda looks like a worm to me. Is that SW? Maybe a Bristle worm from the live rock.

Definitely is not a bristle worm. Ha it kind of looks like a baby dragon goby. But those are brackish and wouldn't be on live rock

It looks like a species of pearlfish, there are several subspecies but the most well known lives inside of sea cucumbers look up pearlfish on the Internet an see if you agree with me :)

very neat, can you take any better pictures of it for us?

It is a SW tank, it looks very similar to some pearlfish I looked up. Check out better pictures...

Attachments

• image-3422380812.jpg
    image-3422380812.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 171
  • image-3590851228.jpg
    image-3590851228.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 168
That's pretty sweet! Is that a platy(molly?) in a SW tank? I know they are brackish but I didn't know they could handle full SW

Yes it is a Mollie. I originally put him in there when I started my tank, assuming they wouldn't make it. They were acclimated to SW at my lfs when I bought them.

And yes I was actually talking about the long transparent one. ;)

Yes it is a Mollie. I originally put him in there when I started my tank, assuming they wouldn't make it. They were acclimated to SW at my lfs when I bought them.

And yes I was actually talking about the long transparent one. ;)

Yes I was aware of that, I was just curious about the molly in the SW. I have no idea about hitchhikers so I left that to the experts. I should have been more clear! :)

With the better picture I'm almost sure that it is a pearlfish :) congratulations its a very cool little fish

I'm jealous! Everyone else gets lil snails and crabs and stuff ...he gets some cool fish as a hh...

It looks like some kind of tilefish, though I couldnt find an exact match. creepy looking to me.... eewww

Back
Top Bottom