What killed my peppermint shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ditch the ph booster. Just point a powerhead at the surface and you'll be fine. It sits where it sits.

I don't have a powerhead bc seahorses need a low flow rate (from what I've seen in research) so should I just point my output hose facing upwards?

Seahorses do need a low flow, but that doesn't mean no flow. I would put a small powerhead in the system to assist with this. If looking at them, I wouldn't want the gph in the system higher than 10x how much water is in the tank due to the low flow needs.

additives you really don't need them , adding additive especially not knowing anything about them can and will cause issues your not ready to tackle ,

a peppermint shrimp wouldn't even give a big enough spike to start a cycle , now a deli shrimp would get you started with a good spike , bacteria in a bottle garbage it's like adding sewer water to your tank and a total waist of money IMO .

Cycle your salt tank - Aquarium Advice

why risk a 20/25 dollar fish to cycle when a simple 25 cent deli shrimp from the grocery store can get you through a faster more efficient cycle , fish in cycles need constant supervision and maintenance and are more stressful for both you and the fish.

clerks in fish shops tend to push stuff not needed just taking money out of your pocket that could have been used for a future fish or coral , most clerks prey on people especially when they see your new to the saltwater world . they see those easy dollar signs and take advantage ,

now everyone here are trying to guide you in the easiest direction to get your tank up and running , all of us have been where you are now , we all experienced the good and the bad as we went through this once , we want you to succeed rather than fail ,

ask questions lot's of them learn as much as you can it will not only help you now but many years down the line , who knows this can be you passing on the advice , we all had success with our tanks for one reason , why because we listened to others who already faced most of those unknown issues , you didn't encounter these yet take advantage of everyone's experiences . they will help save you from issues that could be avoided ,

you deserve to have a tank you can be proud of like everyone here , you will not find a better group of people who care about fish than everyone here , remember you have a place to get any and all the help you need ,

look forward to seeing you on the forums , remember even though you may come across a question that seems stupid asking about it just may save you a big headache you may encounter,

good luck with your tank and hope you can enjoy it as all of us enjoy ours(y)
Save

Can you please answer my forum? You sound very experienced.

Seahorses do need a low flow, but that doesn't mean no flow. I would put a small powerhead in the system to assist with this. If looking at them, I wouldn't want the gph in the system higher than 10x how much water is in the tank due to the low flow needs.

Ok, can they just hang in the back or no because I know some of them look like the stick from the side of the tank and mine doesn't have a slot for that

So as of 4 days ago when I added the bacteria I don't think I really have any improvement (ammonia wise) I'm out of options :/ I'm just so confused because my macro algae is growing like crazy and my hermit crab is wicked active!! I go to bed he's in one spot, I wake up he's in another, I come home from school he's in a different spot I guess the ammonia is not effecting him?UghImage1488490538.633402.jpgImage1488490556.580637.jpgImage1488490575.328282.jpgImage1488490599.526105.jpgImage1488490634.138037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom