What Kind of Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmirtsching

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok...so my tank has been up and running for 3 weeks. I have added 5 hermits (1 wk ago), and added 4 snails yesterday. Next I am thinking about adding my first fish, prob later this week, or next week. I was thinking about either a domino or blue velvet damsel, but have read they are agressive, and if added too early they take over the tank and do not like it when new fish are added. I am open for suggestions. I want to add a porcelain crab, and a shrimp or two later on, and months or so down the road add some corals. My tank is a 14gal biocube so I know I can't really have too many fish. Please help! I'm open to anything.

dont do the dominos, they get too big for a 14g and are crazy aggressive...constantly nagging others

What I would say about domino damsels is not only they will take over your tank, due to their size you won't be able to keep any other fish in a tank your size. Also when domino damsels mature they loose their spots and turn brown. If you ate looking for a alternative a dwarf angle such as a cherub are the same size and shape as a damsel but will not be so aggressive and they will not loose their colour.

Back
Top Bottom