What kind of fish.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceblueconcepts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, it's me the newbie again! I know you guys get tired of answering the se types of questions, but.. Here goes! I have my tank set up and cycling is in process. I know that I will not be adding fish for a while, but that doesn't mean that I can't ponder what kinds to get! So, my question is.. What kind of fish would be a good first fish for the tank? Of course, I can't wait to get a cute lil' clown, but I know that it will take some time and work to get to that. So, just let me know what the good start-up fishes would be! Thanks!

javascript:emoticon(':?:')
Question

javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing

What kind of tank are you planning? FOWLR or reef? That can make a difference when choosing fish.
Some fish that are often suggested and will do well in your 55 are a dwarf angel. A coral beauty, flame, lemonpeel or simular. Also, the royal gramma is an awesome fish. Chromis are fun in a school. And any of these fish would get along with the clown.

Purple firefish, blue/greem chromis, farm raised percs (I think friendlier than wild), bi-color blenny (hangs out on the rocks and eats algae growth), and gobies ( ilke the neon blue and pistol shrimp variety) get my vote for the reef safe options.

Back
Top Bottom