Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-22-2003, 01:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via ICQ to RubixCube Send a message via MSN to RubixCube
What kind of light for LR?

What kind of light should i use with LR Thats all thats in the tank yet, still cycling.

Old 11-22-2003, 01:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

normal flourecents will be fine, but if you intend on having coral you will want too go with VHO and or MH

Old 11-22-2003, 06:18 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
As e-cat suggested if all you want to light is the live rock in the tank then what ever light you want to get.

Please give us some more specifics on your tank. What size, what you want to keep in it, etc

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via ICQ to RubixCube Send a message via MSN to RubixCube
Yes, lighting is going to be my next investment. My tank is a 77gal tank see pic. My interest is in some fish, not sure on what types just yet, but i am also just as interested in coral. I would love to start growing and propagating corals. I havent been doing allot of study on light just yet so if someone had some information i could start with that would be great.

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2003, 06:40 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Well for a 77 gal tank that you want to prop corals from I would suggest a pair of MH bulbs with VHO actinic supplments.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com