Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-11-2003, 03:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

what kind of lr?

Looking for lr. Does it matter what kind? liveaquria has caribbean lr for $99.99 a 45# box. is this ok or should I be looking at something else?

Old 11-11-2003, 03:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to notmuffy
In my experience it doesn't seem to matter - the lfs by me keeps 3 different kinds in the same tank (Figi, African, Carribean) and they have different prices for them.

Old 11-11-2003, 03:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmuffy
In my experience it doesn't seem to matter - the lfs by me keeps 3 different kinds in the same tank (Figi, African, Carribean) and they have different prices for them.
my lfs also carries a selection of different types and i think that they all have good points and that tonga has more bad then good eg. its heavy, not many if any pours and harder too place corals on.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:27 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Carribean rock might be more dense than fiji rock. Also its good to note that the price of $99 probably does not include shipping. Factor in an additional $1/lb for shipping costs.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

after seeing what tampa bay salt water had in their tanks i would go with there stuff !! alot of life on this rock and was pretty porus if ya ask me
Old 11-11-2003, 04:53 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

also check anchofish.com, they have some nice rock at a pretty good price as well

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com