what kind of lr?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

force of habit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for lr. Does it matter what kind? liveaquria has caribbean lr for $99.99 a 45# box. is this ok or should I be looking at something else?

In my experience it doesn't seem to matter - the lfs by me keeps 3 different kinds in the same tank (Figi, African, Carribean) and they have different prices for them.

notmuffy said:
In my experience it doesn't seem to matter - the lfs by me keeps 3 different kinds in the same tank (Figi, African, Carribean) and they have different prices for them.
my lfs also carries a selection of different types and i think that they all have good points and that tonga has more bad then good eg. its heavy, not many if any pours and harder too place corals on.

Carribean rock might be more dense than fiji rock. Also its good to note that the price of $99 probably does not include shipping. Factor in an additional $1/lb for shipping costs.

after seeing what tampa bay salt water had in their tanks i would go with there stuff !! alot of life on this rock and was pretty porus if ya ask me

Back
Top Bottom